Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Happy Space


Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good. (ccc 2288)

I exercise for many reasons, to lose weight being the most obvious but I am working on making my health a priority because I know it will be pleasing to God. I am so thankful everyday for the ability to exercise daily.

I spend alot of time in my happy space. I need to spend time here everyday to keep my sanity. When I need to blow off some steam, get my mind off of something or just to get my blood flowing this is where I end up....


This treadmill has many miles of use. It has seen me happy, angry, frustrated, sad. I love to hop on the treadmill and break into a sweat and leave the outside world behind. Its just me and the treadmill, doesn't matter how fast or how slow I am.  It has seen me go from walking, to walk, jogging then running. It is now watching me pick myself back up and start running again after a 8 month hiatus.

I love to run, but I love most any workouts. I have a large selection of FIRM workouts, LOVE, LOVE them. They work wonders on my thighs, where the running works my thighs, waist and buns. I can't wait to get my buns back where there were 8 months ago. ;)

This happy space of mine used to be two bedrooms, and I just couldn't wait to turn it into a workout room. My daughter calls it the easter egg room because of the colors. I was looking for a combination of cheery and calm so this is what I decided, and I love it!


This was a closet that I just added shelves to hold mats, videos, magazines etc.

Here are most of my videos that I love to workout with. Chalene Johnson is by far my favorite, but I love to hate Insanity for the quick results.  

This is the other side of the room where I do the videos. Soon I will replace old t.v. with bigger new one. But this works great for now.

and of course mirrors to watch and make sure I am using good form.

This is my favorite room in the house and I hope you enjoyed a tour. I think I will leave it at that so that I can get some sleep and wake up to enjoy a morning run on the treadmill, and maybe short Turbo Fire before work.


No comments:

Post a Comment